samedi 26 février 2011

Old friends

Hey guys!

I know I was supposed to see Matt today but I didn't. I went to one of our other friends before and than we were supposed to do something with Matt. But I get there and my friend is on msn talking to another one of our friends. It turns out that same day, our friends were having a reunion for all their program at our old school (and me, Matt and our friend were in different programs but we hung out with theses guys all the time anyways). So yeah we asked them if we could come and they said yes. So me and my friend went there but Matt had to do stuff at his house before so he said he'd meet us there later.

I saw alot of people that I hadn't seen in a very long time and it was really fun, we caught up and talked alot, joked around, watched videos. There were people who left early for some made up excuse cuz they were pissed off about some thing, I didn't quite get what happened, I just saw them leaving and was just like wtf. It didn't have anything to do with me so I just let it go.

Matt didn't end up coming he said he wanted to go to bed early. I was dissapointed cuz I really wanted to see him but if he doesn't want to make an effort to see us, it's his loss. We had alot of fun even if he wasn't there.

When it was pretty late and we were only like 6 people left we talked about politics and philosophy and surprisingly ennough for I'm not the one who brought it up, sexual orientation. Basically theres this one guy who started talking about his opinions about life and gays and adoption and he was contradicting himself alot. I still don't quite get what he really thinks. But I found out that this guy was bi or pan, something like that but he still thought gay marriage wasn't normal and that gays should not adopt. I found it funny that the person who was most outspoken against this idea wasn't me but one of my friends who, as I saw tonight, has almost the same opinions as me on almost everything. It was quite weird, like I wanted to say something but I almost didn't say anything because he always said it for me. But yeah, we had a lengthy talk that was quite interesting and made me reconsider how I think about some things like couples and love. I'm going to have to do some pretty huge-ass thinking.

Saying that, I won't talk too much about the convo because, well it's 3 am and I have to sleep.

So seeya! Goodnight guys!

1 commentaire:

  1. Hi Luc... It sounds like you had an interesting time, even w/o Matt. Good for you!

    IDK... it seems like too many people out there seem to feel like their opinion should steer the direction of equal rights... What is THAT all about?

    I've always loved the expression, 'Depends on whose ox is being gored...' You see, kid, it's real easy to feel passionate about something that affects you, but it's equally easy for some people to believe they hold some moral high ground and I guess it makes them feel less miserable in their own lives to burden other people with their narrow views. If someone did it to them tho, they wouldn't appreciate it- guaranteed.

    Just like the guy whose ox (that which he depends upon to survive) is being injured or even killed. It's real easy to step on someone else's dreams... And, utterly selfish, and IMHO corrupt. That's why it took so long for DADT to be repealed in my country. The residue of all the discrimination before that, will be lived with until people die. Me included. I tried to serve a country that didn't mind if I bled for it, but drew the line at my right to love another guy. You're right, Luc. Lots to think about. luv, tman<3

    RépondreSupprimer