lundi 15 février 2010

And now my dad knows...

Yeah that's right, I am basically out of the closet now, my mom told my dad saturday night when me and my sister were leaving. It was probably the weirdest moment of my life so far.

Okay, to be fair with my dad, he took it well but its really the way my mom said it that just made this completely uneasy.

Basically, she wanted me to tell him this weekend and I didn't want to, so she told me that she was going to say it while we were eating and I was fine but she didn't do that. After the meal, me and my sister gathered our things and just as we were leaving (with our coats on and everything) my mom says to my dad (I'll say it exactly like she said it, than I'll translate) : "Avant qu'il parte je vais te dire ce que Luc m'a annoncé la fin de semaine passé, he's gay." Basically she said : Before he leaves, I'm going to tell you what Luc announced me last week, he's gay.

My dad just had this blank look and it all felt really awkward, I just went outside and my sister stayed a little longer to light up the atmosphere so I came back to get her and we left. After like 10 minutes, my mom calls my sister and tells her that he took it well and stuff but she still didn't get that how she said it wasn't really the best way... Anyways, I talked to my sister alot during our trip home and I told her about friday night (not the details but still) and when I got home my mom called me to say the same hings she had told my sister while we were in the car. She called me again the next morning to like apologise for the way she said it and to tell me not to judge her and I just thought : yeah its really obvious you talked to my sister again and she told you that you could have done this better...

Anyways now pretty much everyone in my life knows so I can really say : I am out!!

seeya!

5 commentaires:

  1. Hey Luc - I've never really experienced what it's like to "come out" - I'm happy it went good for you! I've never really believed much in "coming out" - I'm not out, I'm not in, I'm just me. I'll feel sad for gay people who live in fear of being discovered of who they really are. My outlook on life is simple. I am who I am, if you don't like who I am, then that's your problem not mine. I'm not saying this to you Luc. I'm only sharing with you my views in life. My friends know I'm gay. I don't make a big deal about it and they're comfortable with me. My family thinks I'm gay but we never really talk about it. I live my life day to day and try to be the best person I can be.

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Wow u must be feeling a lot of different things right now. Hope it all turns out good.
    Aj

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Dude thats so awesome! I wish i could be out like you! You've got courage and that's something to be proud of. Félicitations mec!
    -Oliver

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Luc

    Sorry to hear about the way it happened but i hope over time your dad can learn to deal with it

    take care and be safe

    bob

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. thanks for the support! :) Honestly, Andy, I know what you mean, but for me, this is important because it is like the end of lying to everyone about who I am. I hope that being gay is going to become more and more normal so that no one has to come out anymore, but it's not there yet and I did feel the need to come out.
    AJ, I do feel weird, but I'm mostly thinking about the guy I like, much more than how my dad reacts because I know he accepts me, I knew it from the start, he's cool!
    Oliver, I would have never had the guts to come out at your age, that's for sure, I hope you'llbe able to do it sooner than ma, I find it was really liberating.
    cvn70, My dad has accepted it, thanks alot for thinking of me though, it means alot :)

    Thank you all, I love you :)

    RépondreSupprimer