jeudi 7 octobre 2010

WTF!

I'm pretty happy I have a blog right now cuz I really need to just say what happened today and I don't really feel like talking to any of my friends.

I had the date #2 today. It was supposed to be at 12 : 30 and to be me, him and my roommate (who knows both of us). Anyways, my roommate had lots of homeworks so she decided to do that instead. So she texts him and than he says that he also has homework so he can't come at 12 : 30 because he would like to do his homework before going to the movie.

So yeah, my roommate thought he meant that he wouldn't go at all but in fact he just meant to go later, which we did.

So me and him met at the metro station at 3 : 30 and we went to see the movie, which is about a war somewhere and pretty dramatic, I wouldn't recommend it for a date but we both had to watch it for school.

So yeah during the movie we didn't talk or anything, nor did we touch in any way. I tried to look at him like 3 times but he didn't look at me and I don't know if he did during the movie at other times but yeah it was meh...

Than the movie ends on a dramatic note (btw I knew how it would end because I read the book before, he didn't read the book so he probably had no idea what would happen) and we get out. The only thing he said to me was "Can I go home by myself?"

I was very surprised, like I didn't expect that at all and i just said "yeah" and he started walking pretty fast and I was just super surprised...

I really don't know what that was about but I mean, its not normal. Atleast I don't know anyone who would do that, especially on a date, so I just don't know how to react.

So yeah thats it... Pretty shitty date, I would say...

4 commentaires:

  1. wow Luc!! I didn't realize you were posting again!! Then, to read you were on a date, and, things worked out that way...Man, on the surface it sucks, to be sure, but, something else might be going on... I guess I can't really wrap my mind around the dynamics here... maybe I should read back...

    Have you kissed this guy before?? Did he maybe expect you to be a little more affectionate at the movie?? Or, was he feeling OK?? You know, he might have had an embarrassing stomach thing going on, etc... I've been there before, what with the nerves... Or, maybe this was a first for him, and, he sat thru the movie, feeling more and more intimidated by the whole affair, and, when you didn't reassure him with even a touch (even a nudge or gentle arm touch), he lost all confidence that you liked him.

    Did he look you in the eyes when he asked to go home alone?? That might have been the time to ask a question or two, or, maybe even show some disappointment... He might have actually wanted you to resist his idea and make clear your intentions, IDK....

    I guess you need to have a sitdown with him and try to get some clarity on what happened, Luc... It could be that the misunderstanding is just different expectations-- perfectly normal, and workable, if you put your best foot foward... Don't just give up, Luc-- if nothing else, you should try to find out what happened, for both of you, if you care about this guy!! luv, tman<3

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Hey! Thanks for trying to help me out, now that I think about it you might be right about the different expectations, the thing is, I don't know if this is a first for him but going on a date was a first for me and I was stressed.

    He didn't look at me when he said it, and after I made that post, he texted me saying "sorry I just left like that but I was troubled"... Or something along those lines. Anyways he said it was because of the movie. SO I might see him again but I don't know how to react because I don't want to sound needy but I still kinda want to know what could happen cuz I did like talking to him and he was a nice decent guy.

    However i don't think that the fact we had no contact at the movie was bad for him, it's more the other way around in my opinion, I was more the one who tried to be a bit closer to him on other occasions.

    Btw, I did not kiss him before, I met him this tuesday and we aren't quite there yet, for once I'm taking things slowly because I don't want to mess it up.

    thanks alot!

    Luc

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Wow, kid... it sounds like he really didn't enjoy that movie, or something!! Troubled?? That's a strange way to describe his feelings... The only thing I can compare to that, is the feelings that I had, coming out of the movie 'Saving Private Ryan' years ago... I found the movie extremely gut- wrenching, and tbh, as I walked out with my friend, was happy that it was over, happy that I had seen it, and, never really wanted to sit through it again, either... That's how I would describe 'troubling'... But, we had a very long conversation about the film, after, BECAUSE it was so troubling...So, something else seems to be going on here, IMHO...

    I'm glad you're taking things slow... That's very smart!! I guess what I would do, is to try to see him again, but, in a different but casual venue... Has he ever been rowing?? lol At least you'll have a 'captive' audience, there!! lol Wait a minute... you're into kayaking, right?? Well, I guess you couldn't really take him in one of those, unless it's a 2 - man deal, and, he has a little experience... well, you could, but, he might end up all wet, and, pissed!!

    Back to the hiking or something fun... IDK... mini golf/bowling/anything BUT a movie... you need to be able to talk to him-- get to know him better... movies are kind of a bad idea on a 1st date, unless you share some time AFTER the movie...

    Well, I'll be looking foward to how this plays out, Luc... Don't give up if you like him.. part of the fun is in the chase, for you, and for him!! luv, tman<3

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Heh, going kayaking wouldn't be fun for either of us, the water is getting pretty cold right now and with someone who never paddled, we would definately tip! I wonder what we could do because he is not really a sporty guy, he's more the intellectual type. I guess I can figure that out later tho...

    RépondreSupprimer